Below are the protocols you agree to follow in order to worship in-person in the sanctuary until further notice at Central Presbyterian Church (subject to amendment)
Reservations are not required, however it is helpful for seating purposes to know you will be joining us.
Protocols for Face to face worship in our sanctuary:
Preparations and protocols for face-to-face participation in the Sanctuary include worship services, weddings, funerals, recitals, concerts, etc. Amended May 15, 2021 and approved by Session May 24, 2021.
1. Beginning date for in-person Worship was May 2, 2021. These amendments to protocols are made in response to CDC guideline changes released May 13, 2021. These protocols were approved by Session on May 24, 2021.
2. All audio/visual equipment and other accessories as needed will be set up earlier on the morning of service. Tom Tickner and Gary Loper are the contact persons for that procedure.
3. Check-in to the sanctuary will be from the main entrance on College Street and from the side entrance next to the cottage. The temperature of each person will be taken at the
4. Worshipers will continue to monitor their health and any illness that they have had. If they experience symptoms of any sickness, if they have been exposed to someone with Covid-19, or if they themselves currently have Covid-19, they will not enter our building or meet with members of the group. For those not feeling well and/or registering above normal temperature, they will be invited to view the service using our Facebook live broadcast.
5. Fully vaccinated persons may participate in events without wearing a mask and may disregard 6’ distancing, unless desired. Persons not yet fully vaccinated are required to continue wearing a mask and will continue to maintain distancing from other worshipers. Ushers will assist worshippers with seating according to worshippers’ circumstances and/or preferences..
6. For worship services, an usher station table will have printed bulletins and a collection plate for members and guests to use upon entering or leaving the sanctuary.
7. Restrooms will be available on all levels of the building. A sign in each restroom will ask users to please sanitize any surface touched using the provided equipment.
8. Sanctuary seating capacity may be limited to maintain social distancing for those not fully vaccinated at worship services and other events. Special circumstances for additional seating may be considered on a case-by-case basis. Allowing for 6 ft. distancing, the ground floor of the sanctuary can accommodate 35 people, and the balcony can accommodate an additional 35. Using both floors, a total of 70 could be seated. In addition, each side of the balcony could accommodate 7 temporary chairs for a total of 14 temporary chairs if needed.
9. A fully vaccinated person has had the required injection or injections, at least 14 days prior to the implementation of these protocol amendments.
The CDC Covid-19 guidelines will continue to be monitored and these guidelines will be updated as needed.
On the glorious splendor of Your majesty, and on Your wonderous works, I will meditate.